1. About us. UK Insurance Solutions Limited (also trading as Equine Insurance Solutions, Fensure Insurance Solutions, horseandponyinsurance.co.uk, Total Insurance Solutions and totalrescue.co.uk) is an independent intermediary and not an insurer authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Firm Reference Number 300479. You can check this on the FCA register by visiting the FCA’s website at http://www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. We offer products from a wide range of insurers for most types of general insurance. we will inform you if we offer products only from a single insurer.
2. Our Service. We will not give you any advice or make any recommendation. We shall ask you some questions to narrow down the choice and all quotations will be based solely on price. You will need to make your own decision whether the product is right for you. We will supply you with a list of insurers we may and do conduct business with. As an insurance intermediary we act as your agent. We may also have relationships with insurers and act for them in a limited capacity. If we have binding authority or claims handling authority with an insurer we will disclose this. Some insurers appoint us as their agent for the receipt of premium and the issue of documents. They may also allow us to discount premiums in limited circumstances. We will advise you when these circumstances occur so you will be aware of any possible conflicts of interest. We are subject to the laws of agency and will always act in your best interests. We have common directors with Premium Finance Solutions Limited which is the finance provider we introduce you to.
3. What we will charge you. We are remunerated by commission from your premium and paid to us by your insurer and in addition, we make the following charges:
We charge £25 for: new policies, renewals, duplicate certificates, cover notes and mid-term adjustments. We will notify you of any other charge that may apply before you incur a liability to pay it.
4. Cancellation. Consumers may cancel within 14 days of receipt of new policy documents. Provided there has been no claim, insurers will charge for the cover which has been granted and a small admin charge to cover their costs. We will retain commission and our charges.
No refunds are given after 14 days in respect of classic car and kit car policies, motor breakdown and legal expenses policies.
5. If you are a Consumer / If you are a Commercial Client
I’ve written a more comprehensive and updated wording for disclosure:
All Customers – You must take reasonable care to provide complete and accurate answers to the questions we ask you when you take out, make changes to, or renew your policy. If you are in doubt, please contact us. Insurance is based on the information that you give to the insurer and if this information is wrong or incomplete, claims may not be paid in full or at all, your policy may be cancelled, have special terms imposed, policy voided, and the premium may not be returned. You must also inform us of any changes to your policy details during the life of your policy, including at renewal. Please read carefully all policy documents sent to you and inform us immediately of any incorrect information shown. If you have difficulty in understanding anything, please let us know and we will assist you. For your protection, insurers maintain databases to prevent fraud and the information you give us may be subject to checks.
Commercial Customers only – If you are purchasing Insurance for purposes related to your trade, business or profession: In addition to the above, you must disclose all facts material to the insurance you wish to take out. The facts you need to reveal are all those which the insurer needs to estimate your risk and set the premium and terms. You must disclose this information in a way that is clear and substantially correct.”
6. Payment of Premium. In addition to payment of premium by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, we can arrange Premium Finance through our sister company Premium Finance Solutions. We act with them as a credit broker not a lender but we have ownership/directors in common. Details of interest and terms will be made available before you decide how you wish to pay the premium
7. Data Protection and Privacy. Please read the Privacy Notice that accompanies this document. It contains important information about how we protect and use your information. To prevent crime and to assist the correct rating of risk, your data will be checked against insurers’ databases. Insurers exchange data on claims using the Claims and Underwriting Exchange. Some insurers run credit checks against prospective clients in order to offer more favourable terms. By asking us for a quotation, you accept these terms.
8. Our right to retain documents. We may keep certain documents such as your insurance policy or certificate while we are waiting for full payment of premiums. This will not affect your right to receive details of any cover provided and any documents required by law.
9. Complaints. It is our intention to provide you with a high level of customer service at all times. However, if you do feel you have cause to be unhappy in any way please contact us immediately by telephone on: 01422 347220, by email to: email@example.com or by writing to Mr Paul Galloway at UK Insurance Solutions Ltd, 233 King Cross Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 3JL. If we are unable to resolve your complaint by close of business on the third working day after receipt, an acknowledgement will be sent confirming who is dealing with the complaint and when we will expect to respond to you. Within 8 weeks of the date we receive a complaint we will provide you with our final decision. If we are unable to satisfy you, you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0800 023 4567. You may also be able to register a complaint using the online platform provided under EU regulation. https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=EN
10. Looking after your money. We operate as agent of the insurer under risk transfer which means when you pay us, you money is treated as received by the insurer and protected. We will retain any interest earned on the account.
11. Validity of quotation. Unless otherwise advised, quotations are valid for 30 days.
12. Compensation scheme. You may be eligible for compensation if we or insurers are unable to meet their liabilities. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme covers compulsory insurance for 100% and other policies for 90%.
13. What to do in the event of a claim. The documents we send you will inform you how to claim. If you are in doubt, please ring us on 01422 347220.
14. Governing law. This contract is subject to English Law.